Professional dancer and passionate teacher from South Yorkshire!

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Storyboard: 'Planning the Artefact' task






As stated in roevious blogs, I'd really like to create a film for my final artefact. After speaking with my desired audience, my community of practice and BAPP community, I discovered that although most people were used to and interested in seeing a performance for information - they were equally as interested in film. Because I have been conducting practical demonstrations and video recording activities - I thought it would be great for them to watch back what they've been a part of  as well as witness the bigger picture of what I've been up to. It will be a really useful way of presenting my work so that it can be easily emailed to our company manager and distributed to the other company members. Therefore continuing the collaborative cycle, sharing knowledge and understanding.

Tutorial: Monday 3rd April

After discussing the artefact with my tutors I came to realise that the artefact isn't a display of your findings - in other words, the conclusion. It is a DIFFERENT way of presenting the SAME information in your critical review. It is purely a more understandable and approachable form designed for the less academic inclined audience. Artefact effectively means THING. It is not a presentation of 'here this is what I've learned.' It's a display of the inquiry PROCESS.

I received a really interesting suggestion in regards to my chosen inquiry/artefact. I could film my colleagues watching the film in progress. This again would allow me to continue the collaborative cycle of team work by gaining instant feedback which could potentially help further or enhance creativity and ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment