Professional dancer and passionate teacher from South Yorkshire!

Saturday 8 October 2016

Inquiry Topic : "What makes a dancer successful?"


I'd love to hear  what your definition of success is and what it means to YOU to be successful?

Research ideas:

Literature
Look into life books on how to be a success. Look at varying roles e.g 'how to be a successful businessman', 'how to be a successful mother' etc and see if there are similar characteristics or approaches to success. .
Interview
Conduct interviews with people who I perceive to be successful, with people at different stages  in their career, with dancers from different backgrounds and see how they vary in opinion. 
Observation
I would love to observe students in training, dancers at work and in an audition situation and see what the teachers, employers and casting team deem successful and why. 

I feel PERCEPTION and OPINION are key terms, this meaning that my data collection will provide RELATIVE results dependant on thoughts and feelings. I hope to discover, through analysing other people's values in comparison to my own, what being a successful dancer means to me and how I measure/build on this as a professional practitioner.




No comments:

Post a Comment