Professional dancer and passionate teacher from South Yorkshire!

Thursday 25 May 2017

1st Preview of Annie. Twitter: @MegLouch_x

Well INTERDISCIPLINARY couldn't have been more apparent this evening. Pulling off this opening show required TEAMWORK and COMMUNICATION across all departments in abundance. I received lovely messages from friends,and flowers came from my mum. It definitely made the evening more exciting than scary and made me appreciate the RELATIONSHIPS I have outside of work as well as in. Our director came to visit each dressing room before the performance and did a speech stressing the importance of safety and focus. I feel incredibly lucky to have worked with a LEADER who is so supportive and encouraging in what can be a very nervous and stressful environment. 



Receiving a standing ovation on the first preview was an incredible reward for all the hard work. I discovered that AUDIENCE REACTION is the biggest indicator of our collective, creative success and is actually the whole reason behind a theatre production - "it's for them", "that's what it's all about" (Director). Seeing over 1000 people stood on their feet, applauding and cheering was a fantastic feeling.


Social media was booming, especially as we have the incredibly talented and lovely Miranda Hart appearing in the show and the legendary Danny Devito was in watching. Audience members were sharing their excitement beforehand as well as their reviews of the experience afterwards. They connected with us by linking the production and the theatre in their tweets. The production staff were also using it to communicate it with the theatre staff and vice versa. I've become much more aware and active online as a result of this course but 'twitter' is still the form I use least. My SIGS have made me realise how important this form is for NETWORKING and SOCIAL CURRENCY in our industry. My task this year is to focus on Twitter. After this first show, by tweeting myself, sharing and liking others' tweets, I have already been followed by one of the most inspiring choreographers to me and one of my favourite casting directors. 





#teamginge #AnnieWestEnd

Follow me on twitter: @MegLouch_x 




No comments:

Post a Comment